QuickBooks is software that helps small and medium businesses to handle their finances. Many QuickBooks user faces errors and issues related to the damaged and corrupted QuickBooks company files. And to resolve some errors QuickBooks file doctor will be helpful for users. QuickBooks file doctor is a free tool that is distributed by Intuit QuickBooks. So, in this article, we will discuss how to run QuickBooks File Doctor.
QuickBooks file doctor is a tool that helps to fix damaged company files by detecting them in QuickBooks. This will also troubleshoot the QuickBooks network issues. It is a combination of two different types of diagnostic tools used like the network diagnostic tool and company file data damage repairing tool. Whenever the user experiences any error then it will be recommended that to run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Before downloading the new version of QuickBooks file Doctor, the user should uninstall the old version.
- It is recommended to make use of an external file doctor tool.
- It is accessible with all the QuickBooks desktops only for window versions.
- The file doctor tool will automatically appear in case of some quickbooks error code . Just click on the start tab and let the tool do its work.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool stand-alone version, where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed.
- And QuickBooks file doctor tool is the built-in version that comes with QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions.
- It will handle network issues in your organization.
- The file doctor tool will easily handle QuickBooks errors like the -6000 series error.
- This tool will come in easily handle to fix errors like H505, H202, H303, and H101.
- If you lost any crucial business files then this tool will help you to find these files.
- If any user or employees want to gain access to content stored on other PC in the office then this will help to do it.
- This tool will prevent damages to your crucial business data.
These are some important points before using the QuickBooks File Doctor which you need to consider:-
- Must have admin credentials before accessing the file doctor tool.
- Have a proper internet connection.
- The file size limit is 1.5 GB that you have to comply with.
- Make sure you have a single version of QuickBooks on the system.
- Before accessing the QBFD, must update the QuickBooks to the latest version.
- This tool is only accessed by the window users and not for the MAC user.
Some easy steps to download this tool in your system:-
- Press Ctrl+J key together to go to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- In the download list click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- If you are agreeing to accept the license agreement then click on the YES button.
- After that, click on the Install option.
- After the installation is successfully done then you have to click on the Finish option.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub tab on the icon.
- Go to the tool hub then select the company file issues to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Now, select the run QBFD option. This will take some time and you may have to wait for some time.
- In the QBFD, from the drop-down file click on the company file. If you don’t see the file then you can browse it.
- Then, select the check the file option and continue.
- At last, enter the QuickBooks admin password and then go for the Next button.
Note that: the scan time will depend on the file size. The maximum time it will take up to 5 min. When it finishes then open the QuickBooks and the company files.
- To use this tool on the stand-alone version then you must have the latest version of the File Doctor tool.
- Download this tool from the official site of Intuit. Now, double-click on the QBFD icon and follow all the instructions to complete the installation.
- By using the Window taskbar you need to open it.
- Now, click on the browser option and then search for the damaged company file. Then you need to start the QuickBooks file diagnostics to fix any issues.
- Now, you will get two options from that tool window. You have to select anyone.
- Enter the company file admin password and click on the Next.
- To continue diagnosing and fixing the error, select any one option between the Workstation option and the Server option.
- After that, click on yes if you are working on the QuickBooks server or if you are using a workstation then click on no.
- Now, QBFD will automatically scan and repair the company file.
- Then close the file doctor tool.
- At last, whether the process is positive or negative, you have to open the company file.
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks and keep the company file close.
- Then go to the File menu and click on Utilities option.
- Choose the Repair file to run QBFD.
- Now, hit on the Browser option and select the company file required to repair and open it.
- Then, choose the type of fix which you want, from the Advance setting window.
- After that, enter the admin ID and password.
- At last, when the diagnosis process end then again tries to launch the company file.
In this article, we discuss how to run QuickBooks File Doctor. I hope this article will be helpful for you and may you read it till the end. If you have any other issues then visit our other post also.