In the world of social media, there’s no doubt that Instagram is one of the most popular platforms you can use to promote your business and content marketing strategy. You can share information about your brand using images that include text and links as well as hashtags to capture new followers.
Brainstorm a list of topics related to your business
- The first step is to brainstorm a list of topics that are relevant to your business.
- Write down all the things that are relevant to your business and put them into categories. For example, if you’re an accounting firm, you might want to brainstorm what kinds of accounts would be best for this series of posts (i.e small businesses vs large businesses)
- Then narrow it down even further by thinking about what kind of accountants would work well with each type of client (the average size could vary depending on who’s reading).
- Make sure that as many ideas as possible have been captured before proceeding further with this step.
Choose two or three topics for your next post
When you’re creating your next post, it’s important to choose topics that are relevant to your business. If you’re selling products or services in the travel industry, then it would make sense to share photos of destinations and hotels. You can also get ideas for your next posts from other people by downloading their videos, photos, etc with Imginn.
You can also choose topics based on what interests your audience or what they might be looking for on Instagram. For example:
- “I love this new coffee shop! I’m so excited about their coffee and pastries.”
- “I love watching this show because it makes me laugh.”
- “This movie was great! I recommend seeing it if you like romance movies.”
Take an image for each topic
The first step to creating a great guide is to choose a topic that is relevant to your business. Think about how often you do or don’t use each of the following:
- Business cards (and where they go)
- Phone numbers (and how they can help)
Once you’ve chosen your topics, it’s time to find images that are relevant. You want something clear and well-lit so people can see what you’re talking about without having any trouble reading it off their phone screens or tablets especially if these might be used as printed handouts later on.
A good way of deciding whether an image meets these criteria would be by looking at its size. Does it have enough vertical space for text? If so, then consider cropping out unnecessary elements such as backgrounds or other extraneous features like logo, colors, etc otherwise those will distract from what matters most.
Use software to create a graphic
Once you have the graphic in hand, it’s time to use the software. There are many different tools that can help you create an Instagram shareable photo guide.
- Canva: This is a great tool for creating simple graphics without having to learn a lot about Photoshop or Imginn. It also has templates for graphics and images that will work on all social media platforms including Instagram.
- PicMonkey: This site offers some of the most beautiful templates available online, but keep in mind that they’re not free you’ll have to pay $10/month if you want access to all its features. If money isn’t an issue though, this site offers very high-quality content at reasonable prices.
However, please note that all images uploaded here must be licensed by Creative Commons Zero license so make sure any photos used here have been taken under this license before uploading them.
Include text with your graphics
When you’re creating an Instagram shareable photo guide, make sure to include text with your graphics.
- Include your business name at the bottom of the graphic. You can use this space to tell people where they can find more information about what you do and how they can connect with you.
- Add a call-to-action (CTA) like “Click here” or “Get in touch,” which will encourage them to click through after they’ve seen their favorite image on Instagram.
- Include links in this section as well so users can get back into contact with you easily without leaving the page.
Save files in different sizes and share them on Pinterest as well
Now that you have your graphics, it’s time to save them in different sizes. You’ll want to make sure that each file is saved at a resolution that is high enough for Instagram, but not so large that it takes up too much space on Pinterest.
Use Canva for this step because it’s free and easy to use. I was able to create four different-sized images from my original photo one image at a 1:1 ratio and three other images at a 2×3 ratio and save them all into separate folders on my computer so I could easily access them later when needed.
Once these files are saved and organized, share them on both Instagram and Pinterest.
Share on Instagram and other social sites, as well as your blog or website.
You can use your shareable photo as a lead magnet and bring in new customers. If you’re selling products, it’s a great way to get people interested in what you have to offer and once they sign up for your email list, they could become future customers too.
You can share information about your brand using images that include text and links as well as hashtags to capture new followers.
Instagram has over 500 million active users, so this social media platform is definitely worth a look if you’re looking for ways to increase engagement with your audience or drive more traffic back into your website or blog post.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get more followers on Instagram, this guide is for you. In just a few simple steps, we’ll help you create an Instagram shareable photo guide for your business.