With technical bases and a well-applied methodology, building a natural referencing strategy always pays off in the long term.
- The SEO audit checklist
- Before starting, explore your site with the SEMrush tool;
- Audit_seo_amazonSite audit of “Amazon.com” domain via SEMrush.
- Check site performance in Google Search via Google Search Console;
- Evaluate its ranking and make a comparative analysis with competitors;
- Check for duplicates ;
- Check indexed URLs ;
- Audit on-page SEO (optimize title/alt image tags, fill in meta descriptions…);
- Analyze site speed ;
- Check for mobile usability issues ;
- Optimize internal linking.
This analysis provides relevant information in the process of choosing keywords and helps to confirm or not the intuitive approach. If you know how to make it, it turns out to be simple and quick to implement. Remember to properly diagnose your needs. For this we have selected for you the elements to distinguish during an audit:
- Netlinking: analysis of traffic generated by external links
- Technical audit: analyze problems related to loading speed, duplicate or missing content.
To go further, discover all the steps and the procedure to follow in this article: How to carry out an SEO Services audit in 18 steps
Useful tools to carry out your SEO audit
Now that you have a good understanding of the SEO audit process, you need to identify the tools that will be useful to you in creating a viable audit strategy that will allow you to establish your objectives.
SEO Services Company uses these Tools to rely on for an SEO audit:
- SEMrush: a complete tool for SEO audit and positioning monitoring on keywords
- Google Analytics: audience analysis tool on your website (volume, behavior, etc.)
- Google Search Console: a tool for controlling the indexing and referencing of the site
- Google PageSpeed Insights: a tool for testing your site’s performance (loading speed, etc.)
With these tools, it is possible to identify the keywords that will be able to bring qualified traffic, in particular with Google Search Console with which you will be able, for example, to focus on keywords whose position is between 5 and 20 and so determine your ability to position yourself on target keywords.
Automated tools: is it a false good idea?
Web tools like Moz or Semrush make it easy to automate your SEO audit. These tools will for example make it possible to automatically analyze a niche to easily obtain traffic data, the most popular sites, or even search trends.
To answer the question: yes, these tools can save time for insiders.
But beware: an expert’s analysis helps to highlight the notions of priority on the subjects to be treated, on the ins and outs of the results produced by the SEO audit tools as well as advice on how to use this audit, which does not necessarily make an automated tool.
With the help of the automation of certain tasks, you can follow the evolution of your positioning and your SEO strategy effortlessly. This time saving can be appreciable within the framework of a regular SEO follow-up to follow the evolutions
Doing an SEO audit is good, but you need long-term tools to analyze your performance in real-time (Google Analytics, Data studio).
It is good to combine your SEO audit with other audits to complete the information: ergonomics, techniques, and statistics.
Ultimately, the interpretation of the results will lead you to the implementation of corrective actions and to establish the entire strategy to meet your objectives.
Of course, other causes of reduced traffic on your site can impact your visibility and your SEO. This is why at Adimeo the health of your site is a priority and our team makes every effort to resolve the flaws.