On Monday, Union Minister Pralhad Joshi shared on social media that they’ve picked the idol for placing Lord Rama in Ayodhya. The chosen idol, crafted by our country’s well-known sculptor Yogiraj Arun, will be set up in Ayodhya.
Members of the Ram Temple trust declined to confirm whether the entry from the Karnataka sculptor had been selected. A trust member informed NDTV that “everything is speculation” until Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra’s secretary, Champat Rai, makes an official announcement.
Arun Yogiraj Biography: Who is Arun Yogiraj?
Before carving it’s very important to understand the depth required while composing monolithic stone sculptures, where you have only one chance to sculpt and no multiple colours required .. Guruvayurappan stone murthi sculpted according to customer requirement pic.twitter.com/BApkrkelF6
— Arun Yogiraj (@yogiraj_arun) October 15, 2022
Arun Yogiraj (born 1983) is an Indian sculptor from Mysuru. He carved the 30-feet statue of Subhash Chandra Bose, which was installed in the canopy behind the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate in New Delhi ahead of the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. His idol Ram Lalla is selected to be installed at Ayodhya’s Ram Temple. (Source: Wikipedia)
1) Arun Yogiraj, one of the most sought-after sculptors in the country, comes from a family with a rich legacy of the craft. His father and grandfather were renowned sculptors.
2) After completing his MBA, Mr Yogiraj worked in a private company for a while but his heart was always set on continuing what four of his previous generations had done.
3) Mr Yogiraj’s work has earned him recognition from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
4) The 30-foot statue of Subhash Chandra Bose, a centre of attraction in the grand canopy behind the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate, was also crafted by Mr Yogiraj.
5) Among his other works, a 12-foot-tall statue of Adi Shankaracharya in Kedarnath and a 21-foot-tall Hanuman statue at Chunchanakatte in Mysore district have been widely covered in the media. Arun has also sculpted a 15-foot-tall statue of Dr BR Ambedkar. The royal family of Mysore has also paid special respects to his contribution.
"The selection of the idol for the Prana Pratishtapana of Lord Rama in Ayodhya has been finalized. The idol of Lord Rama, carved by renowned sculptor of our country Yogiraj Arun, will be installed in Ayodhya," tweets Union Minister Pralhad Joshi.
(Image source: Union Minister… pic.twitter.com/eChIG9rXGT
— ANI (@ANI) January 2, 2024
Arun Yogiraj Biography
|Sculptor and Artist
|Date of Birth (Approx.)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Mysore, Karnataka, India
|Mysore, Karnataka, India
|5 feet 10-11 inches
Arun Yogiraj Family
|Will update soon
Arun Yogiraj Education
|will update soon
|will update soon
Arun Yogiraj Early Life
Arun was born in Mysore, Karnataka. His grandpa, Basavanna Shilpi, was supported by the Mysore King. Arun, being from the same family, started carving things when he was just a kid. After finishing his MBA, he worked in a private company for a while. However, his love for sculpting brought him back. So, since 2008, he has been following his passion for carving.
Arun Yogiraj Career
- From 2008, Arun starts his full-time career on sculpture.
- He has carved the 30feet statue of Subhash Chandra Bose, which was installed in the canopy behind the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate in New Delhi.
- He made a 12-feet, tall 3-D statue of Adi Shankaracharya in Kedarnath.
- He made the 21-feet tall Hanuman statue at Chunchanakatte in Mysore district.
- In 2018,He made 15-feet tall sculpture of BR Ambedkar, in Mysuru inaugurated by the then Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah.
- He made amritashila statue of Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa in Mysore, a six feet monolithic statue of Nandi and a six-feet tall statue of Banashankari Devi.
- In 2016, he made 14-feet tall white amritashila (marble) statue of the Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar.
- His Idol Ram Lalla is selected to be installed at Ayodhya’s Ram Temple.
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2014, He won the South Zone Young Talented Artist award by Government of India.
- In 2020, Nalwadi Award from Mysore District administration.
- In 2021, Honorary membership from the Crafts Council of Karnataka.
- In 2021, Karnataka government’s Jakanachari Award.
- Shilpa Kousthubha honorific by Sculptors Association.
- Rajyothsava Award by Mysuru District administration.
- Visit to workshop and personal appreciation by Kofi Annan, Former Secretary- General of United Nation Organization.
Some Interesting Fact’s
- Arun started sculpting at age 5.
- Arun learned the art mostly from his father and grandfather.
- Arun is a vegetarian and follow a healthy and balanced diet. He also practices meditation and yoga.
- He is a versatile sculpture, who can sculpt any subject, material, and technique.
- He is also proficient in painting, drawing, and photography.
- He is a fan of Leonardo da Vinci.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Arun Yogiraj married?
A. Yes, Arun Yogiraj is married to Vijetha Mohan, and they are blessed with a child.
Q2. What is Arun Yogiraj’s age?
A. Arun Yogiraj is approximately 40 years old, although the exact date of his birthday is not known.
Q3. Why is Arun Yogiraj famous?
A. Arun Yogiraj is well-known for his remarkable sculptures.
Q4. What is the net worth of Arun Yogiraj?
A. Arun Yogiraj’s net worth is approximately 1 crore rupees.
This biography delves into the life of Arun Yogiraj, unravelling the journey of the renowned sculptor. From his early years to his artistic endeavours, discovered the essence of Arun Yogiraj and the impact of his work on the world of sculpture.