Are you aware of the fact that WhatsApp can be initially used for sending political messages?
WhatsApp is a messaging app with simple features that keep users engaged. WhatsApp has about 2.7 billion users all over the world and it is used for various marketing purposes as well. One of the uses of WhatsApp is sending bulk SMS for elections.
Before getting into detail about how to send political messages on WhatsApp, there is some important note for WhatsApp marketing that you need to consider.
Important note- Due to its user standards, WhatsApp prohibits businesses from sending political campaigns. Sending political messages on WhatsApp is therefore prohibited. Although it is unlawful to post political messages on WhatsApp, some businesses attempt to do so outside of WhatsApp’s terms of service. The WhatsApp business respects users’ privacy and forbids sending them nasty messages.
You need to understand the importance of WhatsApp policies for sending political messages on WhatsApp. Irrespective of that some businesses use WhatsApp for sending bulk SMS for elections.
So in this article, I will discuss the steps for sending other political messages on WhatsApp. Before getting started with the steps we need to understand What are political messages and why are they important.
What is political messaging?
Political messaging can be termed as a form of non-verbal form of communication that impacts political strategy, campaign, or the leader. It influences the decision to be made for or by the political parties.
There is a prevailing idea among political leaders that messaging plays an important role and the messages these political parties send to the users have a significant impact on them.
Political messages are something that is relevant and resonates with the target audience. This political message mainly focuses on showing the public that they are the problem solvers.
There is also a sense of collaboration about campaign messaging as it is developed to respond to voter input.
How to test political messaging on WhatsApp?
There are many ways in which political testing can be done. It can be as simple as announcing your message at the rally, broadcasting political messages across social media platforms, gathering information from people, or directly conveying the messages to the individuals.
There are a lot of politicians who run quantitative messages such as polling which tells how many people think of something. There is qualitative research also which tells why people think what they think.
Today, it’s routine practice to develop testable messages and evaluate how well they perform across a range of demographics and geographic places using polling and online advertising.
When conducting qualitative research, the ability to judge the crowd’s reaction is essential. You shouldn’t even be considering running for government if you can’t detect whether what you’re saying is being received well.
Why WhatsApp is considered a powerful tool for political campaigns?
Here are the reasons why WhatsApp is considered a powerful tool for political campaigns:
- WhatsApp has become a powerful tool for political campaigns too. Candidates use WhatsApp to connect with their voters, and volunteers, to initiate support, to raise funds, and to increase poll turnout.
- An influencing social media strategy plays a role of a crucial element in any political campaign. It is important to reach out and interact with voters as much as possible, WhatsApp is an excellent tool for this purpose.
- Again WhatsApp is a powerful tool for political campaigning because it is free and allows political leaders to simultaneously reach out to as many people as they want.
- WhatsApp is an important to for political campaigners. It allows a way to initiate support and allows users to access real-time information about polls, rallies, and events.
- WhatsApp is the best tool for organizing political campaigns. It is considered a helpful tool to fix any problem that arises during the campaign, such as miscommunication.
How is WhatsApp established by political campaigns?
Political campaigns use WhatsApp in a variety of methods (individually or jointly), particularly in the Global South where it has a significant penetration.
- To spread correct information about party activities and issues.
- To create a direct link between politicians and voters.
- To create political dialogues.
- To aware people of common issues.
- As a part of professional political marketing strategies.
How to create a WhatsApp group for sending political messages?
Follow these steps to create a WhatsApp group for sending political messages.
- Create a WhatsApp group for your friends and invite everyone you know to the group.
- . Discuss and talk to them about your campaigns and update them about the new information when it is available.
- In case you are working on a project and need to collaborate with your team, WhatsApp can be considered the best way to do it because it is fast, easy, and convenient to use.
- Creating a WhatsApp group for sending political messages can be an easy task. Just go to the app, tap the “new conversation” icon, and invite people with whom you want to share your content.
What are the tips for using WhatsApp to send political messages?
WhatsApp is used by people to share information and messages with their friends and families.
WhatsApp can be used to send updates and information about political campaigns. The most interactive way of sending political messages on WhatsApp is by making creative polls and conducting online surveys to analyze the targeted audience properly.
Through WhatsApp parties can send advertisements to a selected group of people by creating small communities around them.
- Research on how WhatsApp works in your country; for instance do you need a phone number or internet connection?
- Create a list of contacts involved in sending a list of SMS.
- Choose a group name that is easy to remember and should not be too revealing.
- Send regular updates to the people in order to keep people interested in following along.
- WhatsApp can be considered a great way to engage with the targeted voters and get feedback on how you are doing.
- Make sure that the information being shared on the group is true and up to date.
- Share positive messages about the party and do not spam the people in the group with too many messages.
- Try keeping conversations on point.
- Set reminders to participate in voting and polling in advance, but remember not to be pushy or overbearing with the targeted audience.
- Create different groups of volunteers where you can send out information and assign different tasks to different groups of people.
- WhatsApp can be used for sending text and videos related to political parties to different groups of people.
- The group chat function can be used for organizing functions and meetings.
- Remember you don’t send any sensitive information via WhatsApp especially if it is related to campaign strategy.
- WhatsApp can be used to reach out to voters.
What are the Advantages of using WhatsApp for sending political messages?
There are four key advantages of using WhatsApp for sending political messages.
Let’s look at them in detail.
WhatsApp offers a great level of personalization to its users. Here in India political parties can tailor their messages to specific groups of people according to their demographics, interests, and locations.
WhatsApp enables political parties to send real-time updates directly to the voter’s mobile devices. Such as campaign events, rallies, and news updates.
Another advantage of using WhatsApp for sending political messages to the targeted audience is it offers high security and privacy as compared to other social media platforms. WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption which means that messages sent between political parties and voters are only visible to the sender and the receiver.
This feature of WhatsApp ensures that messages sent to voters are secure and private. Which is important in campaigns, where privacy and security are very important.
The cost of using WhatsApp for sending political messages is very low compared to other traditional methods of sending text messages. However, the overall cost of using WhatsApp for this purpose depends upon various factors like a service provider, pricing planning, and content of those political messages.
Is sending political messages on WhatsApp legal?
The answer to this question is NO. Sending political messages on WhatsApp is not legal. It is banned due to its terms. This is because WhatsApp is private messaging with end-to-end encryption. This application is for people who are dedicated to helping people who speak freely.
WhatsApp has a dedicated team to protect against abuse by focusing on these three points.
- Keeping the private nature of WhatsApp.
- Stopping the misuse of WhatsApp.
- Encouraging users to neutralize misinformation.
The functionality of WhatsApp is different from social media platforms. As a result, WhatsApp has developed an approach within the context of providing private messaging services.
For example, we can state that WhatsApp’s services are not designed as a platform to grow an audience. The algorithm of WhatsApp is not used to prioritize the messages that people receive.
This is a private messaging service with no in-app search, or connecting with unknown people or group features. More often WhatsApp is used by people to communicate with the people they already know. Most of the messages sent on WhatsApp are one-to-one conversations.
In conclusion, it can be said that sending political messages is not legal because it goes against the terms and conditions of WhatsApp’s services.
Here it prioritizes users’ privacy and discourages the use of the app for sending political messages WhatsApp.
While WhatsApp still can be considered a powerful tool for sending political messages to the targeted audience its users should be used carefully and with respect to its policies.
Sending political messages on WhatsApp can be an important part of modern politics, but should be conducted within the bounds of legal and ethical considerations.
WhatsApp offers various advantages such as personalization, speed, privacy, and cost-effectiveness which makes it a valuable tool for sending WhatsApp bulk SMS while keeping in mind the terms and policies of WhatsApp.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Does WhatsApp allow you to send political messages on WhatsApp?
A1. No WhatsApp does not allow sending political messages on WhatsApp because it is illegal. It is banned due to its terms. WhatsApp does not allow to interfere with users’ privacy and security.
Q2. What do you mean by the term political messaging?
A2. Political messaging can be termed as a form of non-verbal form of communication that impacts political strategy, campaign, or the leader. It influences the decision to be made for or by the political parties.
Q3. Is there any alternative to sending political messages other than WhatsApp?
A3. There are other social media platforms that can be considered as more suitable for political messaging such as Twitter, and Facebook. These apps allow users to connect efficiently with unknown people and widen their network.
Q4. What are the advantages of using WhatsApp for sending political messages on WhatsApp?
A4. There are various advantages of sending political messages on WhatsApp like
You can read about them in detail in the above article.